Neck pain is common and can affect people of all ages. If you are experiencing discomfort in your neck, it’s important to receive treatment, as the pain can become chromic and lead to long-term effects. At True Balance Chiropractic & Physical Therapy in Mansfield, TX, we offer a variety of treatments to eliminate your ache and improve your quality of life.
What Causes Neck Pain?
While neck pain can often occur due to a problem within the musculoskeletal system, it can develop from various causes. Some causes of neck pain include:
- Improper sleeping positions, such as sleeping on your stomach, can cause discomfort in your neck.
- Leaning over a device, such as a computer, can add more pressure to your neck and lead to tension. Not only that, but it can lead to a tension headache or a migraine.
- Injuries like whiplash tear the soft tissues and result in swelling, inflammation, and limited range of motion.
- Stress can cause your neck and shoulder to tense up, which leads to pain, tension headaches, or migraines.
How to Prevent Neck Pain
In some cases, such as auto accidents, neck pain can’t be prevented. However, you can decrease the chances of neck pain by taking some preventative measures. Some ways you can prevent discomfort in your neck include:
- Use proper posture, especially when looking at a device like a computer
- Spend some time stretching your neck to relieve tension each day
- If you work at a desk, take regular breaks to look away and stretch your neck
- Visit our chiropractor regularly for treatment, which can keep your cervical spine healthy
Chiropractic Care for Pain Relief
Chiropractic care can help provide relief for neck pain. When you visit us, our chiropractor will determine the root cause of your discomfort and create a treatment plan. It is important to identify what is causing your pain since someone with a herniated disc in their neck will not have the same exact treatment plan as someone with whiplash.
Treatment typically includes adjustments, which can restore your spinal alignment. We may also use decompression therapy, as this technique can be beneficial for a herniated disc. Soft tissue technique are utilized to address tension and other issues. In addition, we can offer lifestyle recommendations to help you make healthier choices for your neck and spine every day, which can reduce neck pain from reoccurring.
Contact us for an Appointment Today
If neck pain is interfering with your life and you’re looking for a chiropractor near me, let our team at True Balance Chiropractic & Physical Therapy in Mansfield, TX, help. With the right treatment, we can reduce your symptoms and help you return to your normal routine quickly. To learn more about our treatments or to schedule your appointment, call us at (682) 518-6263 today.