Preventing and Treating Text Neck
Text neck is a condition that is becoming far more common in today’s society. We are obsessed with our phones and tablets, so much so that we stare at them for hours per day. Unfortunately, our tech addition has led to several health issues one of which is known as text neck. Regular visits to a chiropractor can prevent the symptoms of text neck. A chiropractor can identify the signs of text neck in their early stages. At True Balance Chiropractic & Physical Therapy in Mansfield, our chiropractor can treat text neck and its debilitating effects.
Proper Posture is Important
If you have recently experienced pain in your neck, then improper posture might be to blame. By improper posture we mean sitting hunched over, looking down, with your shoulders raised. Any of those three actions for long periods of time can negatively affect your posture and have lingering effects. Some of the common symptoms of text neck are as follows:
- Pain in the neck, upper back, or shoulders
- Forward head posture and rounded shoulders
- Reduced mobility
These symptoms can range from slightly annoying to downright debilitating. Our chiropractor has years of experience diagnosing and treating text neck.
Treating Text Neck
At True Balance Chiropractic & Physical Therapy, we relieve pain through treatment methods which may include the following:
- Physiotherapy restores and maintains the patient's mobility and function.
- Manual manipulation uses small and quick movements to the joints and muscles.
- Flexion-distraction is a safe and gentle treatment that provides spinal pain relief.
- Ergonomics can fix poor positioning that can cause postural deviations which often result in neck pain.
- Corrective exercises which may involve certain yoga positions like Exaggerated nod, Downward-Facing Dog, and Cat-Cow.
These chiropractic treatments can reduce inflammation and pressure around the neck region. Our chiropractor will relieve your pain and provide treatment to ensure your symptoms do not return.
Text Neck Treatment in Mansfield, TX
If you live in or around Mansfield and you’ve been experiencing neck pain, call True Balance Chiropractic & Physical Therapy today at (682) 518-6263 to schedule a consultation. Our chiropractor can provide safe and effective neck pain relief without using drugs or invasive procedures such as surgery. Call us today and learn more about what we can do for you.