Pain emanating from your upper back is often propagated by poor posture, injury, or muscle overuse. Upper back pain crops up from the lower side of your neck to the base of your rib cage. This kind of excruciating pain is a type of discomfort or pain striking throughout the backside of the chest and upper abdominal area. This pain ranges from mild to chronic. There are ways to treat upper back pain so you don’t have to continue living in pain. At True Balance Chiropractic & Physical Therapy in Mansfield, TX, we can help. Our chiropractor, Dr. Clint Dacus, provides natural treatment methods for upper back pain.
Symptoms of Upper Back Pain
Manifested signs and symptoms of upper back pain vary from one individual to the other. Here are some of the most common:
- Morning back stiffness
- Neck pain
- Shoulder pain
- Mood variance, including depression and anxiety
- Sleep disturbance
- Sore muscles
- General discomfort
- Radiating pain ranging from the chest to the stomach and further down the body
- Tingling weakness or numbness in your legs
Causes of Upper Back Pain
- Awkward posture: Participating in a given activity for an extensive duration of time, like sitting leaning towards your computer, can improperly position your spine, which culminates in damage to the neck and back structure. The primary muscles begin to weaken and get deconditioned.
- Accidents: Accidents such as falling from a height, a sports injury, slips, and car accidents (whiplash) can culminate in trauma propagating upper back injury.
- Muscle strain or overuse: Recurring motions over an extended period of time can lead to upper back pain. This exercise overstrains the muscles, causing upper back pain.
- Ruptured discs: When the regions adjacent to the disc get damaged, the cushioning material pushes out between your vertebrae and can wield pressure on spinal nerves.
Upper Back Pain Treatment
When you first visit us, Dr. Dacus will perform a physical exam to look for the root cause of your pain. We want to see if you have any underlying conditions as well. After a diagnosis, our chiropractor will make a personalized treatment plan for you. This can include one or a combination of our treatment methods.
For upper back pain, we often use chiropractic adjustments. Realigning the spine will alleviate tension in the back and help your nervous system function more optimally. We also offer physical therapy and can give you corrective exercises. Stretching and strengthening your back will improve your range of motion and speed up your recovery. This will also reduce your chances of future injuries and recurring pain. Our chiropractor will also help you improve your posture to ensure that poor posture is not contributing to your pain.
Visit Our Mansfield, TX Chiropractor for Upper Back Pain Relief
If you are suffering from upper back pain, we can help. At True Balance Chiropractic & Physical Therapy in Mansfield, TX, our chiropractor will work with you individually to find the right treatments for your condition. We are happy to answer any questions you have. Call us today to schedule an appointment.