Frequently Asked Questions about Scoliosis
If left untreated, scoliosis can lead to uneven hips and shoulders. It can also cause pain due to stressed tissues. If you are living with the condition and have been looking for a ‘chiropractor near me,’ contact us for corrective treatment, or it may affect your self-esteem and quality of life. We offer various chiropractic care techniques at True Balance Chiropractic & Physical Therapy in Mansfield, TX. Here are some of the top scoliosis questions we receive from our patients.
What Is Scoliosis?
Scoliosis is the sideways curvature of the spine. There is no known cause of scoliosis, and researchers think a combination of factors like genes, hormones, and alterations in cell structure could trigger the condition.
What Are the Symptoms of Scoliosis?
While mild cases of scoliosis are not noticeable, severe scoliosis is characterized by one or a combination of the following signs:
- Uneven shoulders
- A hip that appears higher than the other
- One side of the rib cage appears lower than the other
- Difficulty of breathing in some children
- Uneven waistline
Does Scoliosis Cause Back Pain?
In most cases, scoliosis doesn’t cause back pain, except in severe cases where the spinal curvature might have caused musculoskeletal stresses and strains causing pain.
Can Scoliosis Be Cured?
No, there is no known cure for scoliosis. However, people with the condition can eliminate many symptoms by visiting a good chiropractor in Mansfield, TX.
Can True Balance Chiropractic & Physical Therapy Help with Scoliosis?
Our chiropractor will examine the misalignment, pain, and develop a custom holistic treatment for your unique needs. Based on the severity of your condition, we may use one or a combination of the chiropractic techniques, including:
- Massage Therapy - Involves continuous pressing, stretching, and positioning of the affected muscles to ease their tension and promote muscle strength and mobility. Massage therapy reduces inflammation.
- Spinal Adjustments - Involves applying controlled pressure on the spine to realign it and improve its range of motion and flexibility. Also, spinal manipulations help ease pressure from the spine’s surrounding tissues and nerves.
- Therapeutic Exercises - Involves using multiple exercises like bird-dog stretches, pelvic tilts, and prone plank to stretch and strengthen the spine while improving its posture.
Why Choose True Balance Chiropractic & Physical Therapy?
At True Balance Chiropractic & Physical Therapy in Mansfield, TX, we offer exceptional chiropractic care for numerous musculoskeletal conditions, including scoliosis. Contact us at (682) 518-6263 if you’re ready to get rid of the symptoms of scoliosis for good.