What is iSTAR Treatment and Why do I Need it?
iSTAR Treatment is a non-surgical instrument-assisted soft tissue therapy for scar tissue in the body.
Now, what is soft tissue and scar tissue, and why is it in my body?
Soft tissues are all the tissues that connect, support and surround structures in your body. Some of these include:
- fibrous tissue
Scar Tissue results from soft tissue damage. Some ways to damage soft tissue include:
- Direct trauma - stepping off a curb and rolling your ankle
- Indirect trauma - sitting at a computer for long period with poor ergonomics
Scar tissue is necessary for you body to heal from damage to the soft tissues. Like an individual's skin, our body heals with scar tissue when healthy soft tissue is damaged. The scar can be very clean and barely noticeable or the scar can be very disorganized and restrict normal surround tissue function.
When scar tissue is not organized and excessive, surround tissues are affected. This can result in:
- Reoccurring injuries to the same location
- restricted range of motion
- muscle knots and tension
- muscle weakness and inferiority